This course is only available to qualified massage therapists with a level 3 minimum body massage & A&P qualification and to those who have successfully completed START with touch Level 1 Oncology massage theory course.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic restrictions on our industry. The accreditors FHT and ABT have approved live online assessment for your level 2 course.
Both assessments need to be completed to gain your Level 2 qualification, pick a date for Supine Bolstering and Andy/Bethany assessment. This can be done on different days and there are a few options to do both assessments on the same day.
Upon reflection after we held our first zoom classes, Maureen & Trudy really loved the small groups but also the 1-2-1 sessions and if you have any specific dates and times in mind that may be more suitable for you, please send us an email to [email protected] and we may be able to accommodate a 1-2-1 assessment session for you.
Scroll down for more information on Venue practical date updates.
Dates for Live online assessments are now available. Maximum of 4 students to each live zoom assessment
* Thursday 30th July 1830 - 1930 Online Zoom Supine Bolstering & Restorative Touch ( 2 places available)
* Sunday 9th August 1100 - 1200 Online Zoom Supine Bolstering & Restorative Touch (3 places available)
* Sunday 9th August 1400 - 1530 Online Zoom Andy/Bethany Oncology Massage Treatment(3 places available)
* Thursday 13th August 1830 - 2000 Online Zoom Andy/Bethany Oncology Massage Treatment
* Tuesday 18th August 1400 - 1530 Online Zoom Andy/Bethany Oncology Massage Treatment
* Tuesday 18th August 1830 - 1930 Online Zoom Supine Bolstering & Restorative Touch
* Sunday 6th September 1400 - 1530 Online Zoom Andy/Bethany Oncology Massage Treatment
* Monday 7th September 1400 - 1500 Online Zoom Supine Bolstering & Restorative Touch
* Wednesday 30th September 1100 - 1200 Online Zoom Supine Bolstering & Restorative Touch
* Wednesday 30th September 1400 - 530 Online Zoom Andy/Bethany Oncology Massage Treatment
More dates coming soon, this may be the last teaching date with Maureen before she starts a new experimental treatment for her terminal interstitial lung disease.
Places are limited to 4 people on Maureen's last course.
Prior to your practical level 2 Oncology massage assessment please watch all the lessons and complete the lymphedema quiz, in the "quadrant & directional strokes" lesson, which will be marked before your practical assessment.
Practical assessment will take place via two 90 minute zoom classes and your link will be sent to you via email.
Bolstering Supine & Restorative touch assessment 1100-1200 or 1400-1500 or 1830-1730
Andy/Bethany Oncology massage treatment assessment 1100-1230 or 1400-1530 or 1830-2000
I am looking forward to seeing you on the day of your course, and supporting you through your oncology massage journey.
Level 2 - Practical Day Training
Treatment Plan using APP formula
Lymphedema risk routine
DVT risk routine
Case study preparation
It is important to us that you get the one to one you deserve, that's why we only take small classes of no more than 6-8 students at our venues or on our live zoom classes.
Live online assessment via zoom class checklist
- Model (does not need to be someone with or had cancer for the class), and massage couch, chair or stool if prefered.
- Sufficient bedding, towels, pillows, blankets to perform bolstering techniques.
- Hand sanitiser, wipes.
- Extra equipment- PPE (dependant on model, their treatment ect. and Covid-19 guidance)
- Good internet connection
- Up To date browser
- Camera and microphone functioning on (earphones/ headphones optional)
Important to practice and prepare before class
- Positioning of camera for assessment- to allow your tutor to see you and the whole bed.
- Watch the restorative touch and bolstering lessons and practice the routine and towel origami bolstering techniques in preparation for your assessment.
- Familiarise yourself with Andy & Bethany's consultation and lesson.Watch the risk of lymphedema routine, Risk of DVT routine and bolstering lessons and practice the routines and towel origami bolstering techniques in preparation for your assessment.
Your ready now!
- Grab a cuppa and log into zoom class meeting.
- Position your camera on yourself at this time, your model will be needed in approximately 20 mins.
- Introduce yourself and share why you wanted to learn oncology massage with other like minded therapist on the course.
- Time to ask your tutor any questions
- Get ready for your assessment, prepare model and position camera to yourself working around the massage couch. Your tutor may ask you to reposition your camera if they cannot observe you clearly. Please prepare and practice your set up before class.
Checklist when attending venues- What do I need to bring on the practical day?
1 set of bed linen,( 2 large towels, bed cover and 1 or 2 hand towels)including 1 pillow/bolster. If you are travelling from another country, find out what linen you can borrow from your accommodation. When registering for your practical day, you will be asked if you are able to bring all the items on the list. If you are able to transport extra pillows or linens, this will be helpful too. All our venues have close parking and drop off points for loading.
Wear loose comfortable clothing, tunics are not compulsory.
You can contact us by email at [email protected] if you require any in-house salon or spa training, additional dates or would like to host a course at your venue. Looking forward to supporting your massage journey.
Scottish venue course dates:
START with touch Head office, 8 Meadow Street, Falkirk, FK1 1RP
Sunday 5th July 2020 *canceled face to face training
Friday 2nd October 2020 *not currently taking bookings due to Covid-19 restrictions
Norwich venue course dates:
The Norwich wellbeing centre, 15 Chapelfield East, Norwich,NR2 1SF
Sunday 6th September 2020 *canceled face to face training
Sunday 6th December 2020 *not currently taking bookings due to Covid-19 restrictions
Manchester venue course dates:
The old courthouse, The full spectrum centre, Chapel Street, Dukinfield, Greater Manchester, SK16 4DY
Monday 17th August 2020 *canceled face to face training
Monday 16th November 2020 *not currently taking bookings due to Covid-19 restrictions
After successfully completing the level 2 practical training, your tutor will be on hand to support you to complete your case studies.
You also have lifetime access to our closed facebook tribe.
Level 3 - Mentored Case Studies
Complete 3 case studies
Congratulations, you’re now a Qualified Oncology Massage Specialist!
A follow up call will be scheduled after successful completion of your level 3.
Supporting our students is top of our list.
Maureen Bonner is an experienced oncology massage expert with over 18 years’ experience under her belt and has been recognised by the industry's regulating associations for her inclusive and supportive teaching style and contribution to the Education of Complementary therapies and Oncology Massage by the Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT) Tutor of the Year 2018 Finalist at the FHT Excellence awards.
It all started in the year 2000 when she trained in Complementary therpaies and Beauty Therapy. From then on, she began to work with people using complementary therapies, particularly those with a range of disabilities, health conditions and cancer.
Early in her career she volunteered at a local hospice where she worked along with medical professionals to show the benefit that massage and other complementary therapies had on the wellbeing of patients. At the same time, she was able to show that massage therapy helped with various symptoms that cancer patients were going through with the effects of their treatments.
Maureen has also been involved in working with the elderly in nursing homes with patients suffering from dementia and Alzheimer’s. Other groups she has worked with include the local fibromyalgia group, people with sight, hearing and speech impairments, and various other groups which support people with a number of disabilities. She also has a massage clinic, the Holistic Clinic which she has been running for over 10 years. Before that, she operated a mobile therapy clinic which was also involved in corporate work throughout the Central Scotland area. Through this, she delivered therapies and health relief functions, meditation sessions and mindfulness lectures. Furthermore, she is also a practicing Nicherin Buddhist and this is where her passion for inclusiveness comes from.
Throughout her career she has continued to develop herself professionally, obtaining many certificates in training on various massage skills, learning Eastern methods as well as advanced Western methods. She also works with energy, been involved with crystals from a very young age, (around the age of 5) and meditation. She is also a Reiki and Seichem Master.
Maureen is looking forward to being your tutor and helping you fulfil your ambitions as she has hers, and welcomes the opportunity to share her knowledge and enthusiasm with you while supporting your journey and helping you to achieve your dreams.